Thursday, November 20, 2008

A no diet Thanksgiving...

This year will be a bit different of a Thanksgiving, this time none of my four daughters are on a diet, which always resulted in their wanting to eat some of their favorites yet trying to deprive themselves and me telling them that it was okay, that they could have a small amount of holiday food without their whole life crashing down before them and their diet being ruined or their needing to take diet pills even longer because of one family dinner...

So at least this year, no one will be saying, "MOM! Why did you make that, you know I can't eat that!"

:-)

2 comments:

Cyberseaer said...

I am am entering that phase of teenage girl's obbession with food. What not to eat, what to eat. Discovering that the food you have loved for over a decade, you now dispise and feel that if you eat it that you will be posioned and die.

The thought of ham instead turkey was suggested for Thanksgiving and this certain pre-woman girl went on a verbal rampage that ham makes her puke, forget the fact that she packs in bacon like it's part of the Last Supper.

I'm happy for you, Lisa, as I enter the new phase of parent hell during the holidays.

Unknown said...

I know I owe you an email on the way to survive your impending years of hell. I don't know what it is about ham but it used to be the same thing here. I've concluded that they don't seem to realize that bacon is from a pig...even funnier is when they'll eat Canadian bacon but claim to hate ham...

You can at least console yourself with the knowledge that you will only go through this once, I went through it four times...With one granddaughter and the next baby expected in March also being a girl? At least I'll be able to say I am very experienced in the world of girl power.

:-)