Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Messages from DNC?

I just receieved an email from David Plouffe, BarackObama.com to me which I thought was a bit unusual since I had unsubscribed from the BarackObama.com mailing list after I got tired of the money requests with no additional information of substance a few weeks ago.

I clicked on "unsubscribe" thinking that perhaps one of my emails had not been unsubscribed since other people had signed me up using two of my other emails. Then I saw this was the Democratic Party website - if you hit unsubscribe it states at the bottom:

Paid for by the Democratic National Committee — 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington DC 20003.

This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.


It's hard to see how this communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee when it clearly states it's from:

David Plouffe
Campaign Manager
Obama for America

Which means if I unsubscribe I stop getting mailings from the Democratic Party. I realize that the Democratic National Committee is going to work to elect Obama, he's the Democratic Candidate, however, if mailings are going to really be from the DNC then they should be from the DNC's own staff rather than from the BarackObama.com campaign.

2 comments:

kateb said...

that should be reported to the ethics committee. That's clearly against the rules.

Unknown said...

I emailed them asking for an explaination, but it seems as if it's against the rules to me too and to a few people I spoke with today about it.