Thursday, September 06, 2007

Recommended source for Contemporary African Art

If you are an admirer of art, especially African Paintings, I highly recommend visiting African Encounters. Normally my tastes do not lean to contemporary art but I have to say after viewing some of the art work there, I am very impressed. In particular some of the paintings by Wiz Kudowor, especially a piece entitled, "Thinkers II", immediately caught my attention. A nice feature of the website is "virtual hanging", it gives you an idea of how a painting would look on your wall with the correct scale and in relation to the color of your walls. African Encounters also offers a selection of limited edition prints from some of the fine artists they feature, including the piece below by Ben Agbee, which can be clicked on for a larger view.




No comments: