Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Warning on my window screen?

I guess in the category of people are stupid, someone must have been injured and/or sued a window screen company. Why do I say that? I'm sitting here blogging away and I happen to notice a warning sticker on the bottom of the window screen next to me. I never really paid any attention to it, but in looking at it, it says:

WARNING

Insect screens are intended to provide reasonable insect control and are not intended to provide security or provide for the retention of objects or persons from the interior.

Common sense has left this country...

3 comments:

Subcomandante Bob said...

That would be completely hilarious, were it not for the fact that some idiot probably sued a screen manufacturer for doing just that.

Anonymous said...

Am I to understand that the makers of said screen find it necessary to warn that a screen is no security against an intruder?

Yes, reason has left this country.

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lawyers now officially run/rule the world :-(