Thursday, May 10, 2007

Shell shock on mortgage costs...

I have relatives who live in California and I was shocked at the difference in what they pay per month for their home compared to what is more the standard here in Ohio. It's not related to the california mortgage rate, it's the huge difference in real estate prices. I've often read information on how the cost of living was so much higher but one relative is paying almost $800.00 more than what he'd pay if he were living in a house like mine here and I even have a bigger back yard...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, you makes an interesting point about geographical differences in costs for mortgages and property. The difference between California and Ohio are large, and I guess you could draw similar comparisons between other American states. In the UK most homes are much smaller that the average home in the States. This is partly because of cultural reasons and mainly down to the fact that we don’t have the space that you guys do. Having said that, I love the USA, the people and pretty much everyting about it. When I’m talking to people in the UK who are looking for a mortgage I usually recommend a company I know from personal experience, called Interesting Mortgages. They have special schemes for all kinds of people, whatever their circumstances. They’re very helpful and reliable and have a good reputation:
http://www.interestingmortgages.co.uk