Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hangover cures...

Growing up my father always said an extremely greasy breakfast would cure a hangover, which never really worked for me. My grandfather lived by the "hair of the dog that bit you" theory. My husband states he grew up being told if you ate bread before you consumed too much alcohol that would prevent a hangover. There are even hangover cures that you can buy online. My personal preference back when I used to "over indulge" was to sleep it off, so the question is posed...What myth or actual method do you use to cure a hangover?

:-)

4 comments:

Scott G said...

I take a multivitamin and try to drink Gatorade. It seems to work for me and if my chemistry professor was correct, a hangover is mostly caused by a deficiency in B vitamins and electrolytes

News Grinder said...

Easy. I don't drink. Works great.

Scott G said...

FDR said he never trusted a person who couldn't have 2 martinis for lunch and still do business. I don't trust people who have martinis for lunch, it is more of an evening drink

Cyberseaer said...

When I drank, very heavily in my youth, I never got a hangover, only a mild headache at times. I would pop a couple of Advil and I was good to go.

A coworker of mine told me a few years ago that Taco Bell was the answer to hangovers. You just had to go to a Taco Bell before going to sleep, eat a couple of tacos and the next morning he had no hangover. He had told me that it worked like a charm. I cannot confirm nor deny this statement, but it couldn't hurt to try.