Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Phil made the 1984 video? Sherrod Brown's Phil?

Okay, this was a surprise in reading this it appears the "brains" behind the 1984 rip off of the Mac commercial was none other than, Phillip de Vellis who I know from the Sherrod Brown campaign...

It also sounds like in reading the release that Phil was let go or resigned, since it says:
We wish Mr. de Vellis well in his future endeavors.

I have to give a curtsy to the PainDealer, since I don't read Huffington Post...But afterwards I did find this from Phil...

He's supposedly proud of this and says more to come. Hopefully more will be done using real creativity rather than taking the work of someone else...I still have never heard if Apple gave him permission to do some minor additions to the real video. Yes, same goes for the person who pulled a "Phil" and did the anti-Obama one. Sheesh People BE CREATIVE! It's not nice to copy work...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't read HuffPo either, but I do watch Countdown and KO gave the whole story about Phil there. I tip my hat to Phil..he showed everyone the power of the web videos(and it was wonderfully done btw)..and I hope they all paid attention. Over a half million people watched that video including me..and it took off like a Cali wildfire..I am familiar with those so I know what I am talking about.

I do not like Hillary. I haven't picked a candidate yet..its too early imho.

Unknown said...

I'd tip my hat to Phil if he had done something of his own. I'm not a fan of Hillary or Barack, yet I still wonder about the permission aspect.

There are quite a few people that are not happy with Phil because he let the blame fall on the Obama camp for this.