Thursday, March 08, 2007

An alternative to bottled water...

Depending on the time of year and the chemicals used to treat the water here it can taste funny, with kind of a dirt type taste to it, so I normally buy bottled water because I thought that was the easiest option as opposed to a water filitration system. Then I read about Portable Water Filters which can be used with either a regular looking water bottle or a sports type water bottle. It seems like it would be cheaper if the number of uses per filter is as stated. Appears to be worth a try since soon when the spring thaw hits that's normally the time the strange taste appears...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not use water filtration and bottles--filter and then throw it in bottles that you reuse?

Where I was raised, our water had a distinct minerally taste (lithium salts oddly enough). I got used to it and since then can't taste any water that doesn't have that "tang" and think it's normal. Oh well...

Unknown said...

I haven't found a water filitration system that would work here. My washer is one of those ones that hooks up to the sink so I'd have to unhook the water filitration system from the sink to be able to hook up the washer.

Else what you are suggesting would make perfect sense.

:-)