Thursday, February 01, 2007

Crucifying Joe Biden...

Maybe I'm a bit more sensitive given my disappointment and disgust at what happened to Howard Dean during the whole "Dean Scream" hype that helped destroy his chances as a candidate because of course people would rather concentrate on stupid little misteps rather than real issues. That said I find what is being done to Joe Biden right now as bordering on the OMFG don't we have MORE IMPORTANT things to talk about?

Sure, he made some statements that weren't exactly tactful, yet last I looked? No one else in the U.S. is perfect and I'm sure that each one of those people jumping on the bandwagon to crucify Biden have at some point in their lives made a statement or statements in hindsight would have been better off to have either phrased differently or not said at all.

What happens when you do what the media and the political pundits are doing right now to Joe Biden is you continue to create candidates who are so carefully scripted in saying "just the right thing", that they end up not saying much of anything at all...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Sorry to go off topic (yeah, a politician sticking his foot in his mouth aint exactly the worst thing in the world) but here's a little something about your neck of the woods. Hope you are well.

Anonymous said...

Oh Brilliant- forgot the link

http://jimbovard.com/blog/2007/01/31/toledo-mayor-squeals-like-a-pig/

There we are.

Scott G said...

I don't think it was the scream that got Dean in trouble, I think it was how it was poorly handled afterwards. The same thing happened with the Wellstone memorial. Someone made a story out of it and noone responded to counter.

Cyberseaer said...

And the three ring circus of the media and the Democrats has officially started. The only way the Republicans don't win the White House in 2008 is for Bush to blow up Canada.

Unknown said...

Steve, It's nice to see you and not to go to far off topic, I'm hanging in there. Thanks for the link - I didn't realize Brian Wilson posted comments on blogs - he supposedly doesn't think highly of them.

:-)

The Truffle said...

I personally can't stand Joe Biden. I couldn't stand him before and that lame comment doesn't change my opinion of him.

Really, Joe Biden should just SHUT UP!

Unknown said...

I headed over to watch the tape of him on the daily show.

He was pretty funny.

:-)

Scott G said...

I have decided that no matter who gets the nomination, I am voting for Al Gore. I may be persuaded to look at John Edwards, but only because I think his name is closer to Gore's alphabetically. I did not figure it out to see if I was correct in that, however

Scott G said...

Damn Google. Since everyone switched to the new format, my name was showing up as Scott. I wasn't able to figure out where my posts were and who this Scott guy is that keeps saying similar things

Unknown said...

I'm sorry - I had to finally switch over and it was a pain. I was grateful that my background didn't get totally messed up. My best friend Holly lost all of her third party stuff and her background when she switched over so I had mine saved. I knew I was going to be forced - Miguel went to log on the day before I switched and he had no choice anymore so I figured I'd do it on a day I had time so if everything got messed up I'd be able to fix it.

I knew it was you though...

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lisa,

From the clues in the above comments, did you find Brian's blog?

I didn't know that he had one, seeing as he doesn't even read his own emails at WSPD-1370.