Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Paul tagged me and he never does this soo...

Paul Miller sent me an email in which he let me know that I had been tagged and since Paul doesn't normally join in the whole meme thing, I threw caution to the wind and decided to play too.

The results may surprise you...lol

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, go down to the 4th sentence.
3. Post the text of the following 3 sentences on your blog.
4. Name of the book and the author.
5. Tag three people of your own.

To my surprise I found on my return to the camp that, while I was away, the unit had been suddenly ordered to Marseilles for shipment to the Pacific where we were to take part in the invasion of the Japanese home islands.



The book is Tales of the Iron Road by "Steam Train" Maury Graham

He was known in this area as the King of the Hobo's and recently passed away or as those who follow the lore would say, he caught the westbound home...

I tag...Cyberseaer (who can respond in the comments since we haven't talked him into blogging yet) Miguel and....hmmm I always tag poor Scott...but then again he is always so much fun :-)

3 comments:

Scott G said...

I have 2 books stacked on each other right next to me, but only one of them has more than 123 pages.

Anonymous said...

You were destined to do this you know. I was going to tag you, but figured you were too busy to do this. So I taged Paul, who tagged you, and Bill Callahan, who tagged Jill who seems to cook like she blogs, and tagged you too.

No way you were getting out of this gracefully.

I don't usually do this either, but when I saw Hitler on the cover of the closest book (Time Capsules/1936) and page 123 was talking about the Brit's trouble in Iraq, well....)

Cyberseaer said...

Those two albums were very much embroiled in all that. We were wroking with Peter Collins, who was equally ambitious as a producer and arranger and song designer in a lot of ways. And we were working with a keyboard player, Andy Richards, in England at the time who was the king of the flourishes and the dramatic moments and all that.

From "Contents Under Pressures: 30 Years of RUSH At Home And Away" by Martin Popoff.

I choose to tag noone because I'm tired and mommy forgot to give me my sippy cup at lunch. So, I am a bit cranky.

Now that I have played the game, can I get emailed before the end of the year? ;)