Friday, November 24, 2006

Quiet finally on the home front...

Miguel is still in CT, and I'm still here with the girls though thankfully the drama of the past few weeks is at a temporary lull today. Which is a good thing because I'm not sure how much more I could take.

I baked pumpkin pies but that was the extent of as "Thanksgivy" as we got here, I'm going to do a full dinner thing after Miguel gets back, which for me is really nothing new since when my dad was alive we often had our Thanksgiving on different days than the "traditional" day depending on where his flying job took him. I only remember a few times when we actually were able to have Thanksgiving on the real day. The lesson learned from that was it wasn't the day, it was the moment.

Hence my being fond of the expression, "We don't remember days only moments".

:-)

1 comment:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Hopefully, this year, your "moment" will be savory ;-)

Enjoy it when you have it!