Friday, November 17, 2006

Obviously I'm not into gaming...

There are very few things I can think of that I would want bad enough to wait in line over night for, including a new Playstation, however, it appears some people really want one badly:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The debut of Sony's PlayStation 3 game console resulted in reports Friday of disorder outside stores throughout the United States, as well as a robbery attempt in Connecticut that left one man shot and wounded.

Deputy sheriff Dan McPherson at Palmdale station of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said about 50 to 100 people had gathered outside the store before midnight in the hopes of scoring a PS3.

"We were called after the manager told us that these people were arguing and pushing each other," McPherson said. "We told them they had to leave the premises."


As a further update - both Miguel and I played Ten Hunt again last night. This time it was harder, we couldn't get the last question at all, which the prize being an Xbox 360 was easier to say....okay maybe next time. Next week the top prize is a Philips 10.2" Portable DVD Player and they have added a second place prize of a Philips 7" Portable DVD Player as well as a drawing for all of those who finish of an Ipod Shuffle.

:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I'll tell you what I may not know what an enemy does after they quack, but I do know that I am not going to stand outside with $500 plus dollars in my pocket just waiting for some moron to try and rob me...