Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Incase you thought I forgot...

Thank you Colts!:

Maybe the burden of an unbeaten season was becoming too much for the Indianapolis Colts. They sure played like it.

Still, the loss could be somewhat of a relief. There won't be any more questions about chasing the hallowed mark of the 1972 Miami Dolphins or their own 13-0 start last season. The focus now returns to mundane topics like winning the division and becoming the AFC's top seed, all of which seems within reach considering the Colts' remaining foes are a combined 25-34.


From 1972 to 2006 and still holding...and let's flash back to when I was 12 years old and already a Dolphins fan:

The Dolphins' 17-0-0 season culminated with a 14-7 victory over the Washington Redskins in Super Bowl VII. It is a unique feat that has stood the test of time. Will there ever be another perfect season? Every year that passes makes the remarkable record seem less and less likely to be matched. The latest serious challenger was the 1991 Redskins team that won its first 11 games in a seemingly invincible fashion before losing to the Dallas Cowboys 24-20 in Week 12.

:-)

ps...noooo C I will not let this go - lol

4 comments:

roman said...

Now everything will be calm until next season when they (Colts) try to beat it again. It's a great record that should be attempted or though of breaking. I wish my team (49ers) had something like that to hold on to. :(
oh well

Scott G said...

I think it can happen, but I don't think it will. Plus, I would rather lose in the regular season and go into the playoffs without that added pressure

Cyberseaer said...

STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!

You want to talk about the Dolphins? How about the Doplhins of the 21st century? Not much there, huh? They may return to glory before this decade, but not this year. You should thank God that the Raidiers are the season's joke, cause Miami ain't too far behind.

Now, as you know, I am a Jets fan, baptised on Jan. 12, 1969 (Super Bowl III) born into a Giants family when the they sucked in the 70s. Living through the Kotite years in the mid 90s, I finally understood why my father stuck to his team when they sucked wind in the 1970s. My point (yes, I'm coming to it) is that diehard Jets fans never bring up the fact the 1969 team legitimized the AFL after beating the heavey favored Colts every year. Every so often, yes, but not every damn year. Even the media isn't impressed anymore about the "perfect season". And those whores look for the littlest things to sensationizes about.

So, if you can't let this go, Lisa, than it is my moral duty to keep bringing you back into reality and the present.

Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

hehehe - all I have to do is write about the Dolphins and the perfect season and?

voila...

:-)

Happy Thanksgiving to you too