Wednesday, September 20, 2006

First Ted, now Dan...I can digg it...

While a good majority of us blog for a variety of reasons, most of us have thought from time to time that it would be awesome to make money blogging. I've watched many of you try AdSense or one of the other click thru things and I've also seen some of you go beyond what I could handle and take money from political sources that to me created a question of bias. Yes, I have my book and my Cafe Press Store that I would probably make more on if I actually promoted it but? That's not me, heck I didn't know this blog had a google ranking of 5 until I saw one of the opportunties listed on payperpost wanted a google ranking that high and got curious as to what mine was.

So when I read the invitation to blog about Dan wrote about payperpost.com that ended up getting attention on Digg, I have to be honest. I didn't even realize there was a huge controversy over this because I don't normally read the A list bloggers anyway. I stopped by to "visit" Tor's Rants and I found out about the whole payperpost and I thought it sounded like fun.

I already do some of the same type of posts here on things I find that I like anyway, to add some much needed fluff at times between the heavy duty political posting. The only difference is once in a while I'll be getting paid to write about something, and it's not like I'll hide that and some of you might like this better than the hamsters.

It's really hard to understand why the A listers would even care what any of us do anyway, unless they feared it would have some type of an effect on their ability to make profits. Which I always thought was ironic because the reason they became A listers in the first place was the hundreds of people who linked and read them. Without all of the "little people" there would be no A listers.

So, Dan says "The Consumer Generated Advertising revolution has begun and it's time to choose sides."

Count me in boys, it's bloggin time...

:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely have to spend some serious time to go back and get the full picture on your blog here but I sense it is a winner !! Having a little disagreement on mine at the moment ... latest post. Interesting. I am a LIBERAL and call for COMMON SENSE in recent book. I think you are dealing too here with making a dollar. It's the meat I am interested in. Warmest !! Barbara

Tor said...

Thanks for the plug, and signing up, and making your first post. I'm sure you'll have some fun with it, too!