Thursday, March 02, 2006

It's Link lovin Thursday!

Yes, I actually knew what day it is today! It's a dreary day here in Toledo, disappointed kids because the surrounding areas had icy roads which meant closings and delays but here? School was on as scheduled....

Those of you who want to share what you are writing about? You know what to do! If you don't know what this is about? Slide on over to The Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns.

:-)

I'd also add as an update that the maintenance people that work in my complex are not exactly bright. Most everyone has left for work, the kids have left for school and now they are coming around to spread salt. Not just the lateness in doing this but their manner of spreading is interesting...no container not even a cup of any kind they are walking around carrying big double handfuls of salt then tossing it. The driver of the truck isn't even following close to them as they go from doorway to doorway. Maybe I should be relieved they haven't finished replacing some of the steps...

And we start with an interesting post from Peakah's Provocations, "Public School Preoccupations"

Excerpt: If I find a teacher waving a dildo around in his classroom full of kids, I'll find a nice dark place to permanently lodge that dildo...Arrrrrggggghhhhhh....

Freedom Watch USA, visits a first time here on LCS with "Well, well, well................... Lets Boycott the UAE Port Deal"

Excerpt: So... to those that told me I needed to check my facts before I went off crying the sky is falling, IN YOUR FACE!

In light of the FACTS now regarding the Dubai Port deal:


Dane Bramage has some interesting news to share, "Headlines for Thursday 3/02/2006"

Excerpt: Strip club operator runs for school board
Parents concerned about new after school activities proposed

Woman pleads guilty in cheese hit man plot
Gets 10 years but could get out sooner on Gouda behavior


Freedom Folks joins in the linkin today with "The OU Bomber, the OU President, and Me"

Excerpt: A Norman police bomb expert said Tuesday he does not believe University of Oklahoma student Joel Henry Hinrichs III committed suicide by blowing himself up outside a packed football stadium.

Conservative Cat strolls in to share, "Psychiatrist Diagnoses Reagan as an Idiot, then Falls for Nigerian EMAIL Scam"

Excerpt: Okay, so maybe there are still people stupid enough to fall for EMAIL scams. According to court papers filed by his son, psychiatrist Louis Gottschalk has lost as much as $3 million over a 10-year period to a Nigerian EMAIL scam.

10 comments:

liberal_dem said...

what if he/she were waving around a condom in class?

Unknown said...

Ummm I don't know. That's the thing about the OTB, I'm linking what they write not what I wrote.

:-)

historymike said...

Yes, sometimes the Open Trackback members can be a bit extreme, Lisa.

There are weeks where I am hard-pressed to find items on my blog, but it has been some good exposure.

Thanks for clueing me into the ring!

Unknown said...

Mike, I don't usually have a chance to do what you have and link other members, I just link what they trackback here. But, when I've linked posts that were more "liberal" in nature on their sites I've gotten the same level of respect that I give those that trackback here.

The only way they get credit for the link in the ecosystem and by technorati with the way we have our blogspots set up is to take the info from haloscan and put it in the body of the post. It's a good concept as far as helping people get farther up and I've had a chance to read some blogs I would not have known about, like Freedom Folks as one example. Jake has some articles at times that I've really enjoyed as well as learned things I didn't know.

Or Dane Bamage, which has given me a few much needed laughs, like today...gouda...lol...

:-)

Scott G said...

I have stopped finding new places to visit. I don't even have time for all the sites I already like to read

Unknown said...

I could visit more blogs if I quit writing mine.

:-)

historymike said...

Yes, there are limits to what a human being can do. I have about a dozen "don't miss" blogs - including this one - and another dozen or so I hit 3-4 times a week.

That, on top of scouring the various news sites I scan daily.

Unknown said...

I try to always visit yours, and me4's and Stephanie's every day and depending on what else is happening check to see if Hooda's back and Val and Jill's.

Then? As many more as I can visit, in a way it's cool to have that many good blogs to choose from, just wish there were more hours in the day.

:-)

Scott G said...

I have so many blogs I want to check out everyday, that all of my news comes from blogs and the Daily Show nowadays. I wonder if I am missing anything

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! grundy rain jackets Expired prozac The rosacea handbook a self help guide taxes Mackinac island voice over ip