Thursday, February 16, 2006

It's the latest craze....those brrreeeport daze....

Posts that contain Brrreeeport per day for the last 30 days.
Technorati Chart
Get your own chart!

How could I resist this nifty little chart?

I blame THIS Guy...after all to quote the question of another brrreeeporter?

Q: "So just because Robert Scoble tells you to put brrreeeport on your blog you're going to do it?"

A: I think I just did....

:-)

And since it just seems to be appropriate....I declare this the official Thursday Link lovin OTA thread...I think Robert would approve...

The first to join in to share some linkage on the day that Google appeared to have temporarily lost or scrubbed the word "brrreeeport" from it's data base is:

Lynn who is guest posting at Third World County with "Why We Don’t Rant"

Just finished a great conversation with the host of TWC (in case you didn’t notice, this is Lyn from FBO guest posting at David’s invitation). One of the topics we touched upon is speaking the truth. Not in love. Just speaking the truth.

Freedom Folks wants to share "U of I: Just Say Yes to Terrorism"

The editor in chief of a student-led newspaper serving the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has been suspended after printing cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad that, when published in Europe, enraged Muslims and led to violent protest...

9 comments:

David said...

Scobie's not the boss of me.

;-)

(Gee, guess I've been outa the loop until now. Thanks for the update. :-)

Unknown said...

David, what's weird is it looks like Google scrubbed the word from it's search engine - it's now coming up zero. Ask Jeeves? 0 - Excite? 0 Dogpile? 63.

Technorati is showing 482 - Google Blog search is showing 417 and there has to be alot more blogs than that who did this yesterday. I did it twice. Both times show up in Technorati but only one shows up in GBS (this post). What I want to know is why aren't some of these blogs showing up? Out of the 28 million blogs technorati says exist...I know there were more than 480 other people doing this.

:-)

Unknown said...

Now Dogpile has dropped to 50...

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,020 for brrreeeport (yahoo)

and now? Google's back - lol

Results 1 - 10 of about 22,400 for brrreeeport

that was strange :-)

historymike said...

Wonder if it will still work if you hide brrrreeeeport as a meta tag or Technorati tag?

Unknown said...

Not for google - they have a filter on the word - it's now back to zero...

In Technorati? yes the tagging would probably show up.

What I find interesting is the blogs that are NOT getting listed, and that is what makes me curious in this whole thing. I know there has to be more than even 500 blogs that have done this with the way it's spreading.

:-)

historymike said...

brreeeport.

Unknown said...

Okay I just did a test with Glass City Jungle since it has a very very low ranking and is not included in any of the TLLB or other link rolls. I inserted a tag. Now we'll see if it gets picked up.

:-)

YES I admit I am a wanna be web geek! (lol)

Unknown said...

Okay...now this is really strange, the tag worked once then?

Got the little blue box saying:

Internet Explorer cannot open the site http://technorati.com/tag/brrreeeport

Operation aborted

Unknown said...

But on Opera? It comes up.

:-)