Friday, September 30, 2005

Why I am boycotting Krogers Pharmacies

I've gotten prescriptions filled at Krogers since Foodtown on McCord switched over to a Krogers, it used to be a decent place to get prescriptions filled. If you found a drug cheaper someplace else they would match the price.

First the McCord location told me they stopped matching prices. I checked with the main office to verify when this changed. It's been over a week and no contact except for the generic we received your email form letter. That alone wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Today was the final straw, I was given another new prescription for an antibiotic that the doctor wasn't sure was going to work for me. She gave me a $20.00 coupon for this drug that specifically stated it could be used up to whatever my co-pay amount was. The Krogers on Bancroft told me that they couldn't use the coupon unless I didn't use my prescription coverage and it would be more expensive without my coverage. I explained to the person there three times what the coupon stated as far as it could be used with my prescription coverage and that I had used coupons in the past for prescriptions and my insurance. She then tried to tell me that it was against the law in Ohio. I asked her what section of the Ohio Revised Code or Administrative Code stated this. She didn't know, but she said it was against the law. There was no store manager on duty, of course.

I spent a good deal of time searching the Ohio Revised Code and the Administrative Code, seems there is no law I can find though I did find that discounts/rebates are allowed for several programs when it comes to prescription drugs. Granted Ohio law can be screwy but seems if they make it a point to talk about the Golden Buckeye Program and co-pays this mythical law about not accepting coupons if you have insurance would be somewhere in that chapter. I can send the coupon in on my own, which I will do but it's the principle of the poor service and the misinformation that has made me decide enough. I again contacted the main office and got another instant form letter in return. I will call back to the Bancroft location tomorrow ask to speak to a manager and see if he or she can tell me the portion of the ORC that supposedly deals with this.

5 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

That's why the clerk IS, and will always be a clerk.

What a pant-load...

Probably some fresh out of school bean-counter type mucking things up again.

They'll change their polocy back, when they lose enough business...

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

I gotta start spell checking my posts...

Cyberseaer said...

I say go thr American path. SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE and SUE!

More power to you Lisa. Start the struggle against the oppressors. Take it to them and show them that the individual needs is better than the dollar making system. Ok, I need to get some lunch.

Unknown said...

lmao HT, I new wut u ment (hehehe)

Yeah C, I should get with the program and start suing, problem is? It's just not in my nature. I'd rather fix the problem for others as well rather than try to get money out of it. Which is probably why I'll never be rich - lol

The Store Manager is "concerned" and is going to "check into" what happened and get back with me. No, I'm not holding my breath but I would like to be pleasantly surprised.

:-)

Unknown said...

C, remember the cookie thing back long ago when Miguel bit into a chocolate chip cookie and found a thumbtack? I wrote about it back on excite, the insurance guy the company referred me to couldn't believe I wasn't worried about suing, I just wanted to make sure whatever caused the problem was found so that no little kids experienced having their mouth pierced by a thumbtack...

Miguel wasn't hurt, though it took him along time before he wanted to eat another cookie.

:-)