Sunday, September 18, 2005

Local Network Discrimination

or...Why it's hard to be a Miami Dolphins Fan in Ohio

You could really say that about being a fan of any football team, the assumption is you are either a Lions or a Browns fan. Once in a while Cinci gets coverage if one of the other two isn't on.

The solution is to find a bar that has the game on or have enough to invest in the NFL game day ticket thing. Or if Miami plays one of the "local" teams. I can watch the play by play on the internet at least.

No I didn't pick them again this week, though I'd like them to win? Might be safer that way. However I will not say "Go Jets". First half of games I did pretty good in the pool, was surprised New England lost and I picked Baltimore. Two wrong out of six at the first half is better than I did last week.

:-)

5 comments:

Cyberseaer said...

Well them, I will say it for you, Lisa. "J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!" Come on, everybody! At least Saban took down Denver, but then the Dolphins fell on their own swords yesterday. It looks like the Jets are getting back on track. Now the AFC East is all tied up. Fun for the next 16 weeks and beyond.

Unknown said...

I will never ever ever ever ever say J-E-T-S (at least during regular season)

Now if they made it to the Super Bowl? It would depend on who they were up against then? I might actually say GOOOO JETS

:-)

I need to check to see who else needs to lose that first game to at least keep the "perfect season" record.

hehe

Aaron said...

Seems like for the last 20 years, now matter how good the Dolphins are and how bad the Jets are, the fins can never win, esp in NY. Maybe it is just perception, anyone have the stats?

Unknown said...

Perception and reality in 1997 they beat the Jets in New York, but this was their 79th meeting. The Jets hold a 40-37-1 all-time series lead with victories in 11 of the past 14 games.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Security alarm system suppliers cabinet painting Uk company incorporation service discount oxycontin prices Missouri law forms wellbutrin sr Style hand bags Without airconditioning blood pressure