Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A Non-Bellicose quiz

Okay I got this from a conservative site...but it was a quiz and my curiousity took over to see what I would score as. Had I not gone over to SavetheGop to see what Jesus's General was up to over there? I would have missed this one....It is rather long and took some thought....

You scored as Roman Catholic. You are Roman Catholic. Church tradition and ecclesial authority are hugely important, and the most important part of worship for you is mass. As the Mother of God, Mary is important in your theology, and as the communion of saints includes the living and the dead, you can also ask the saints to intercede for you.



Roman Catholic

82%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

75%

Classical Liberal

54%

Emergent/Postmodern

54%

Neo orthodox

54%

Fundamentalist

43%

Modern Liberal

43%

Reformed Evangelical

36%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

29%



http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay my 16 year old non-bellicose daughter's results....

Emergent/Postmodern. 100% You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do that....

Cyberseaer said...

I just had to take this test. Here is what it says about me.


You are Roman Catholic. Church tradition and ecclesial authority are hugely important, and the most important part of worship for you is mass. As the Mother of God, Mary is important in your theology, and as the communion of saints includes the living and the dead, you can also ask the saints to intercede for you.

Roman Catholic 93%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 82%

Emergent/Postmodern 75%

Fundamentalist 71%

Classical Liberal 68%

Neo orthodox 57%

Reformed Evangelical 50%

Charismatic/Pentecostal 43%

Modern Liberal 36%


Lots of differences between us, but at least we are strongly Catholic. God help us both. lol

Unknown said...

Wow...I figured you'd be around what I got "Catholic" percentage wise.

But yep appears we both are pretty much...Roman Catholic

:-)

Anonymous said...

Well, I was raised (mostly) and Episcopalian in a largely Jewish/Irish Catholic community, my father is an ordained Presbyterian minister, I attended a Quaker college, and my wife is a culturally jewish atheist. I would call myself theologically confused/disinterested but the quiz says I'm:

Emergent/Postmodern with high percentages of modern liberal.

I'm not sure that that is acurate - since I think the primary purpose the church serves in most peoples lives is a point of stability in the community. In that manner - I'm ONLY trustful of the established church, and think that the traditions of religious communities are far more important than the theology. I'm certain, however, that my father would disagree.

Unknown said...

Well so far we have two Roman Catholics and two Emergent/Postmoderns....

It is a tie...

:-)

It is of course as brew pointed out not exactly a reliable way of finding out who any of us are, some of the questions were really hard toss ups for me as far as the degree to which I agreed or disagreed -- but it was an interesting quiz.