Friday, June 17, 2005

I will soon be RICH! WooHoo!!!

Wow..today is a good day, as I got this letter in my email:

Please permit me to introduce myself, my name is JOHN OBI I work with TRINITY TRUST FINANCE SARL of Nigerai as the (SeniorAccountant). In the discharge of my duty, I stumbled on this domiciliary account that has remained dormant for some years now withUS$15m (Fifteen million dollars) on it. I contacted my Director and we sent out staffs for enquiries and discovered that the account holder died. On the 25th of July 2000, the deceased, his wife and their two Children died in the Air France concord plane crash bound for New York in their plan for a world cruise. Below is the website you can check if need be.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm

I am writing you so that we can work together to remit the money to you as the next of kin of the deceased . This is because you have the same surname with the deceased. I guarantee this transaction under a legitimate arrangement that will not breach the law by both parties, it is simple process which will take a short while to process. We can invest this fund in joint partnership in any business of your choice.

USE MY ALTERNATIVE EMAIL AND REPLY ME FROM NOW, THIS IS FOR MERE SECURITYREASONS ONLY. Regards,
JOHN OBI

Of course I emailed him quickly....

Dear Mr. Obi:

Thank the Lord Jesus, my prayers have been answered!! I have been struggling to care for 8 young ones after my husband, (God Rest his Soul) was killed at a mishap at the local chicken processing plant. Don't let any of those PETA folks fool you, those chickens are not only mean but killers. Poor Fred never saw them coming. The children and I have been surviving by making air freshners and collecting aluminum cans. Fred Jr., needs braces as he has ruined his teeth bitting off the wires to hang the freshners on, and Susie, she has some kind of strange swelling happening, her stomach seems to get larger every day. I swear you can feel it move, must be some kind of a live tumor.

I don't know much about legal type transactions and we are simple people here. I prayed for God to give us 15,000 so we can pay off the farm, and take care of Fred Jr., and Susie; it would be a sin to take more than we needed. So you can send me the 15,000 Wal-mart's money wire is cheaper than Western Union and then promise you will do good with the rest of the 15 million.

Thank you Mr. Obi....you must be related to that Obi Wan Kenobi, as you sound wise and kind.

May God bless you and keep you safe.

Lisa-Mae

So there it is - I'm sure I'll have the money any day now --

:-)

3 comments:

Cyberseaer said...

Smartass! I use to get that email, or one like that twice to three times a day at my former job. Everyone would get about 300 soam emails a day, becuase noone listened to the IT deparment about signing up work emails for jokes, recipies, and other crap. The IT department had to work an extra 60 hours over two weeks to update our secuity protocols and clean every users email and reassign new email address. Then the head of the department wrote a harsh memo about not to do that crap and a week later, noone listen and we were back where we were. We poeple bitched about it, we smile and said deal with it since noone listen to us the first time. But let me know if you get the cash. I kinda need some. ;)

Anonymous said...

My personal favorite 419 is, and will remain The Arafat's Millions scam.

The "Boys From Lagos" get more absurd every year - but the scary thing is that these are still paying off . . .

Unknown said...

Sniff... you guys are trying to tell me Mr. Obi would lie to me?

:-)