Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Some shameless self promotion.....

As anyone sees when they visit here I have a cafepress store. While I'd love it if you all ran around in "Liberal Common Sense" wear, there is one product there I am especially proud of.


My Book, In Memory of...The loved and the forgotten of Ohio. I started working on this several years ago and finished it about two and a half years ago. However I discovered getting a book published isn't easy, and most of the companies out there that will publish a book for you are rip offs. The book is about the early history of some parts of Ohio as well as describing what I learned in trying to find out more about my father's family. It also tells you about other families from those early days of Ohio and how cemeteries are so important to finding out about our past.

Then I found cafepress, sure they make a larger profit off of items sold than I do but my book is finally published and having seen the finished products they do an awesome job. My book looks so much better than I ever expected. When I first got my own copy the feeling of seeing it was a very awesome one for me.

I created a website for the book and a second cafepress store just for the book and a full color calendar for those of you who don't think cemeteries are scary places.

That's the only downside to cafepress is the only color pictures are the front and back cover, but my photography was good enough that the grayscale pictures in the book look very nice.

There's some color photos on the website as well for those who prefer to see things in "color".

My website

Thus ends my self promotion, and for anyone who wants to write a book or has one that they've never had published? Check out cafe press...make your publishing dreams come true......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with a little "shameless self-promotion". Hell, we're surrounded by it in this country and most of the time it's simply for the desire to make money. Sure it would be nice to be rich, but your book is more than that...it's a way for you to share with the reader something that you find interesting, and to cast a different light on a subject that many probably haven't given much thought. Maybe they even shy away from the thought of cemetaries, but if they can thumb through your book with an open mind I'm sure they will see things from a different perspective. Not everyone can do that, but those who do will appreciate you and your enthisiasm for the past. Put me in the latter catagory.